Agriculture and Auction
Bentons offer a friendly and experienced Agricultural department, providing all year around support to farmers and land owners. We assist the local and wider farming community with all Agricultural matters.
In addition to our main office, we have a further busy office at the Melton Mowbray Cattle Market, which provides support and advice to local farmers on current issues arising in the farming sector which can be discussed and then followed up with one to one meetings either at the office or the farm. The office at the market is open on Tuesday mornings. We welcome new and old clients with refreshments and a friendly atmosphere.
Alastair regularly meets with clients to ensure their business is able to continue to grow and be successful. Over the years, Bentons Agricultural department has developed a strong client basis and Alastair will meet clients annually to complete their Stock Take Valuation and cover any issues which may have arisen over the year.
Overseeing the Agriculture team is Alastair Benton FRICS FAAV with Clare Coleman assisting. Clare joined the Company in ealy 2016. Clare completes the Basic Payment Scheme Applications for all Bentons clients annually as well assisting Alastair on a day to day basis. Andrea Corbett is Alastair’s Secretary and has worked for the firm since 2007.
• Farm and Land Auctions – Live and Dead stock
• Land and Estate Management- including Farm Business Tenancies, Grass keeping Agreements, Cropping Licences and Contract Farming Agreements
• Stock Taking Valuations
• Basic Payment Scheme
• Countrywide Stewardship
• Farm Business Accounts
• Grant Applications
• Farm Keeping Records
• Farm Assurance Records
• Budget and Enterprise Costings
• Registrations of Agricultural Waste Exemptions
• Rural Business Management
• Probate, Security and Professional Valuations
• Planning and Development advice
• Farm and equipment Auctions